I’m South Indian by heritage and it’s very common to drench you hair with it to make sure it’s black and shiny. As a kid, I thought it was gross and I would not allow my mom to touch my hair with it. But what I didn’t know was why our culture used coconut oil in everything from their skin to making food. It has soo many uses for it, it makes your skin smooth, food taste better and also give it a great flavor too. And I really didn’t know much until I had my first kid, when my mom gave my son daily massages with coconut oil she made from scratch. His skin was beautiful with it and smelled soo good, and it helped his mild eczema a lot especially during the winter months. That’s when I was convinced of how great it is and fell in love with it all over again.
Above in the pic is the version I use on almost daily on my kids skin or in my coffee in the morning. Available at any Costco see link below
There’s many uses for coconut oil and here are some ways I use it often
- Teaspoon in hot coffee every couple of days
- On bare skin especially before bed, use a small amounts at first to make sure you have no issues and also make sure it’s on bare skin
- Add a teaspoon of it to vegetable oil for frying chicken breast on the pan cause it makes it juicy and gives it a lot of flavor
- Fry anything with it, it tastes great
- Helps the skin heal especially if you have mild eczema
- Natural conditioner for your hair especially if its really dry especially after you have used a lot of product in it
- Any recipes that uses coconut milk in it, it helps the flavor to be more refined and taste better
I’m sure there are many more ways to use it and I’m still discovering them..